Light and Granite

Julie, Josh and crew. We added a little light to the forklift driver's face by using a simple
bar clamp, to attach a radio-triggered flash to the forklift's upright.
          Spent some time in Tucson a couple weeks ago doing a couple of business images at A&E Recycled Granite for Local First Arizona.

          Helene and I had a great time working with the owners, Josh and Julie who were patient with the process while being ready to move, clean, adjust or clamp down, anything in order to help make the photograph just a little better.

          These folks take all the leftover granite from other projects and turn it into of a variety of brick, tile and veneer products used all kinds of design projects.


I've never met a ladder I didn't want to climb to change the perspective of my image, or a white wall that I wanted to bounce my White Lightings off of in order to fill a part of the room with soft side-light.
When in doubt, clamp a flash in a hidden space? Why not?

In the small space of their backshop, I wanted to show industrial activity.
I added a small camera strobe on a stand from behind the wet saw to
highlight the dust and water coming off the blade.


Comments