Serving refugees

From time to time I spend some of my pro-bono contribution time keeping the photo collection up to date for the Welcome to America Project in Phoenix. For those of you who know me, you know how this type of work, whether in a camp for the internally displaced in Uganda or an apartment in west Phoenix, is near and dear to me.
A couple weeks ago I went out again with a group of teenagers and adults on a rare WTAP Sunday delivery to bring furniture to a couple of recently-arrived families from Somalia. They had been refugees for something like ten years before finally being resettled in Phoenix so that they could get on with their lives.
One of the young teens who had been on deliveries before wanted to share the experience with friends, and so she organized the group of workers.
I was pleased with my images from this shoot and want to share some with you, 
Enjoy.





Comments