Picturing Maricopa, the Piper Grant

Field Goals
It just kind of worked out this way. Working with non-profits, using my visual experience and skill to tell their stories has become one of the foundations of my business as a professional photographer.
It's one of the things that makes my job so rewarding and enjoyable.
Adopted Elation
So, when the Virginia Piper Trust Picturing Maricopa Grant came up last spring, it was a no-brainer for me to apply. By the time July, the slowest month of the year from my work, rolled around, I was making photographs at the Child Crisis Center in Mesa, my part of the Picturing Maricopa project. 
It was a challenging project that stretched my vision and made me work hard for every great image, whether sheltered kids could not be identifiable in the photo to adopted siblings who have settled very well into their new home. (we will not speak of enduring the heat with a broken A/C system in my truck!)
Playtime Princess
Recently the resulting exhibit opened at Burton Barr Library in Phoenix showing the results of hard work and vision of 15 talented local pros including four of my friends.




Sheltered Contentment
The exhibit was curated by Rebecca Senf
, Assistant Curator 
Center for Creative Photography at University of Arizona 
and Phoenix Museum of Art; Elizabeth (Betsy) Schneider
, Assistant Professor of Photography
 ASU Herberger Institute School of Art and Graphic Designer, Eddie Shea.

Comments

Tricia said…
i love the picture of Mags and Thrasher =)