It's News

I love this job.
I get to tell a story under interesting circumstances.
Who doesn't love that? I get to reach people to show them things that they might not otherwise see. As a job, I get to make photographs. In the process of my photojournalism, being the eyes of others, I get to cover notable events up close. In spite of the passion most journalists thrive on to cover news, there is, honestly, a cool-factor that adds to the experience.
Everything the president does is news. For any given city, the arrival of any US president, it is news. The fact is that I found out about Obama's visit to Phoenix, it was already too late to work out a credential to his speech in Mesa, but the funny thing about news is that even the landing of the his supercharged airplane is news. You cover what you can. Hey, why not. Maybe I'll get a nice picture or two.


Sharing a laugh with Gov Jan Brewer and Mayor Phil Gordon.

Obama checks out the gift from Gordon, an autographed Shaquille O'Neal shoe.

Gotta get a picture with the president.
Or maybe, gotta get a picture with the mayor?






The motorcade pulls out while secret service ensures that the press doesn't rush up and get pictures of themselves up close and personal with the coolest 747 around.




(from press platform, those secret service guys are serious!)

Comments