Happy July, welcome to the blog

I hope this find you all dealing well with the heat and finding new ways to enjoy the long sunny days of Summer.
In doing my part to reduce my carbon footprint, my international work this summer will take me only a short distance to Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico to document the 2008 outreach program at the Casa Franciscana. This is a program that has been supported with great passion by the parishioners of St. Maria Goretti Church in Scottsdale as well as by other committed donors around the Valley for 21 years.
Through the lead organization, Franciscan Causes, the program reaches out to the children of the poorest of the poor conducting classes filled with a healthy mixture of reading, arts and crafts and other fun every weekday morning for two weeks. It is a brilliant highlight in the rough summer in the lives of these children and one that leaves an indelible positive impression.
It has been five years since my lens last took this all in, so I am anxious to see just what great new images are waiting to be made as I update the archive and show donors the impact of their generosity.
If I can get a dependable internet connection, I will update this blog regularly of the program so that any of you who are interested may keep up with how it is going.

Independents and The Golden Ticket
No, not an uprising at the Willy Wonka factory, but a local phenomenon designed to help you save a few bucks this week with many of local businesses.
Local First Arizona is celebrating Local First Week by encouraging Valley residents to buy from local independent businesses from June 30 to July 6.
The Golden Ticket, available at http://www.localfirstaz.com/ entitles the bearer to 20% off purchases with participating businesses, including, of course, D'Elia Photographic.
For those who are not familiar, Local First is an organization that encourages buying local whenever possible to keep our dollars in our local economy.
At D’Elia photographic this translates into a 20% savings on invoices of assignments booked during this week.
If you need a family or corporate portrait shot, an event covered, a marketing or advertising campaign photographed, or even a piece of fine art to spice up your walls this would be a great time to get it done and save a few bucks in the process.
As an added bonus I will take another 10% off jobs executed before I travel to Guaymas on July 12. Did I hear a "But wait, thats not all"? I will honor this coupon on jobs booked through July 11.

To book an assignment with D’Elia photographic, please contact us at 480-452-5723 or email at rickdeliaphoto@yahoo.com.

To find out more about us, please visit our website, deliaphotographic.net.

Comments

Unknown said…
Rick - this is an AMAZING blog posting and so appropriately named, "its the little things." and so well written in a voice that I enjoy...yours.

thank you for sharing this.
--stacee amos